After the fashion free-for-all that was the 2012 Met Costume Gala, I was a little concerned that there wouldn't be enough style fodder for our weekly evaluation of celebrity fashion choices. Thankfully, we were wrong.
Dresses were the focal point this week- some very good, some "meh" and some, disastrous. Let's jump right in:
The hits
Zoe Saldana: Saldana sparkled in this dove-gray lace Elie Saab cocktail dress. The actress sported the look at the release party for the first "Cosmopolitan for Latinas" magazine issue. As the first cover girl for the mag, she looked radiant in the dress paired with metallic Brian Atwood pumps and a killer red lip.
Chloe Moretz: At the London premiere of her movie"Dark Shadows" actress Chloe Moretz perfectly embodied the theme of the film in this romantic goth-chic red and black velvet belted mini. I am OBSESSED with the ankle-strap blood red heels she's wearing. At 15, it's possible that Moretz is already poised to be a fashion icon.
Jessica Paré: Not exactly sure how we missed this one from the Met Gala, because it is AMAZING. So. Shiny. Real talk, this almost makes up for that cringingly awkward "Zou Bisou Bisou" debacle at the start of this season's Mad Men. Almost...
The misses
Elizabeth Banks: While we adored almost everything Elizabeth Banks wore while on the press junket for "The Hunger Games," her choices as of late have been less-than-stellar. This form-fitting number is balancing the weird line between "crazy aunt" and "twee overload." I mean, the red faux bow neckline? I can't.
Miranda Lambert: I think I wore this exact dress to my junior prom. For the record, I never show ANYONE my junior prom pictures. So there you go...
Michelle Pfeiffer: While Michelle Pfeiffer is always gorgeous, this green-gold Lanvin dress is not doing her any favors. The ruching makes it look a bit like tree moss. We do love her makeup and the gold metallic clutch, though!
© 2012 www.phillyburbs.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
No comments:
Post a Comment